Hello,

I installed the mini live cd onto an Intel Atom board and installed the latest audio libraries from Alsa because I have an external audio device (PCI) and when I execute: sudo /etc/init.d/alsasound restart ... it drops the audio device and suddenly I have no audio devices, here is what I do:

$ sudo /etc/init.d/alsasound restart
Shutting down sound driver: ERROR: Module snd_hda_codec_realtek is in use
ERROR: Module snd_hda_codec is in use by snd_hda_codec_realtek
ERROR: Module snd_hwdep is in use by snd_hda_codec
ERROR: Module snd_pcm is in use by snd_hda_codec
ERROR: Module snd_timer is in use by snd_pcm
ERROR: Module snd is in use by snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer
done
ALSA driver is already running.
$ sudo /etc/init.d/alsasound status
ALSA sound driver loaded.
$ aplay -l
aplay: device_list:235: no soundcards found...

The to get these back I have to do 'modprobe' so I was wondering if any of you have come accross this and be able to shed light on this issue:

$ sudo /sbin/modprobe snd-echo3g
$ aplay -l
card 0: Layla3G [Layla3G], device 0: Analog PCM [Layla3G]
  Subdevices: 8/8
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
  Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: Layla3G [Layla3G], device 1: Digital PCM [Layla3G]
  Subdevices: 8/8
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2