Hi Sal,

On 12/30/2009 09:19 PM, Salvador Aguinaga wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Hello Fellows,

I  tried getting a the mini iso live cd 5.0 iso installed on a usb and when I went to boot
a mini-itx intel atom board the booting crashed both on normal 'linux' boot and on linux safe mode
it get to the point where it tries to load the devices (udev) and I get a crash at this point in the
boot process and the msg is a genera kernel panic.

Just to be sure: Are you really using the latest SL 5.4 mini LiveCD? In the mail above you're talking about 5.0 iso?

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/livecd/54/i386/mini_livecd_SL54_2009-11-20.iso

Can you boot from the CD-ROM instead of the usb key?

Cheers,

    Urs