I was startled to see the power manager icon on a 5.2 system that I had just installed and plugged into a tripplite ups.  I did connect the computer to the ups via the usb cable provided.  The system seems to know all about the UPS system; it's make and model and has some information on the battery charge.  I need some advice on how to proceed here.  I was going to use the manufacturer's software but first, I'd like to find out more about how the gnome power manager works vis-a-vis the ups, whether it's preferable to use the tripplite software, etc.  I would appreciate any help or guidance you might have.

Thanks!

Ken