Hi all,

I'm running SL on a set of Athlon64 x2 boxes in a small-college, teaching environment.  I ran across a link today to openMosix, which sounds at least like a beautiful idea that would turn most any heterogeneous cluster into a SMP-like machine.  I'm writing to inquire if anyone using SL has also installed openMosix.  I'm comfortable with building software, configuring MPICH etc, but configuring/compiling a new kernel (which openMosix seems to require) goes beyond my experience.

(1) my machine is:

[root@sebastopol temp]# uname -a
Linux sebastopol 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 22 17:26:55 CDT 2006 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Should openMosix work with this system (particularly the 2.6 kernel part)

(2) once installed, would openMosix allow MPICH to run on top of the SMP system?

regards.

Nathan Moore

Nathan Moore
Physics