Dear all,

I am using Scientific Linux 3.4 and activated an NFS link between two
servers, making available diskspace from bigserver2 to smallserver1.

One userID is used for uploading datafiles to smallserver1 and another is
used for creating/editing webpages on that server.
Because this created access problems I created a group 'webdevelop' on
smallserver1 to contain these 2 users so they can access eachothers files.
After doing this, I discovered that executing the chgrp and chown command on
the files/directories on smallserver1 returns error message "Operation not
permitted".

On smallserver1 I use the mount command:
bigserver2:/var/wwww/html/website on /var/www/html/website type nfs (rw,
addr=ipaddress-of-bigserver2)

I'm realy stuck and have spent about a day trying to solve/understand this
so any help is very welcome!

Mark
Ostend, Belgium