Hi All,
I'm a newbie but hope this is in the correct place.

I am considering the HP laptop:
   HP Pavilion Intel Centrino Duo T2400 1.83GHz Laptop (DV5250CA)
     * RAM: 2Gb, HD: 120Gb,
     * Screen: 15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Display,
     * Graphics card: Intel GMA 950
     * DVD: LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW drive
     * Network Card: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection &
Bluetooth

on which to run Scientific Linux -- mostly for work (research) but also
the entertainment (sound, music & burner).

My questions are:

1) Can I install Scientific Linux on the above machine and get the basic
functionalities working -- screen, keyboard/mouse, network and multimedia
(music, sound, DVD burner), battery power save -- without being an expert?

2) More generally, how does Scientific Linux fare on laptops, and HP
laptops in particular? Which are the brands & models mostly used?

3) Are there archives/sites where one can find out about these -- under
scientific linux or elsewhere?

Thanks,

William.