Hi,

Finally we made it!

> We're working on a distribution based on SL43. After some fixes we obtained
> a group of isos, but when booting the first disc the X server doesn't load.
> It gives the error:
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg: error while loading shared libraries: libaudit.so.0:

This is normally a problem when one of the scripts in anaconda-runtime
has not been updated.

It is included in the anaconda that is part of SL43

[root@yort scripts]# pwd
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/anaconda- 10.1.1.37.SL/scripts
[root@system scripts]# grep libaudit *
mk-images:             $IMGPATH/$LIBDIR/libaudit*so* \
upd-instroot:$LIBDIR/libaudit*.so*

Make sure you have the latest anaconda-runtime in your "tree".

anaconda-runtime was installed. The version we have is the same we told 10.1.1.37, in the previous email we mistype the numbers. The installation directory in our computer is /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime, but I suppose everything else is the same.

> is old and doesn't work for Xorg. It's already fixed since 10.2.0.49.
10.2.0.49 was a version of anaconda from near Fedora Core 4.

The anaconda in SL43 does work with Xorg as it was designed to do.

On the SL43 installation CD anaconda works fine, but on the CDs we made anaconda didn't work.

> I don't know why, but the CD created by the scripts tries to run Xorg
> instead of Xfree, SL is Xfree based. It can't start the X server so anaconda
> runs on ncurses.

SL4 is Xorg based.  SL3 is Xfree based.
Since you said you were based on SL43 then it should be using Xorg.

We made a mistake, but we sent an email to correct this.

So I am confused about this X issue.

The problem was very weird. We read anaconda's buildinstall script and it seemed ok, so we put a break point before it starts the second run to see if the things done were ok.

Before the breakpoint it just extracts the anaconda-runtime rpm to a temp directory in $TREE and then it calls itself again with everything prepared. We were surprised when we grepped this temp folder for libaudit and it wasn't there!! In the installed version of anaconda-runtime it was, and the rpm was the same version. So we made a quick (and dirty) fix: we copied the files from the installed anaconda-runtime to the temp directory and it finally worked!!

We don't know why the scripts copied to the temp folder aren't the same as the ones installed, they were installed with the same rpm. The only difference between them is just the line

    $LIBDIR/libaudit*.so*

so upd-instdir doesn't keep the file. It's very weird that that line is the only one deleted...

> Can you update the anaconda-?untime version from the repositories? The
> dependency tree is too big to start, rpm by rpm, to download everything.

What dependency tree?

What we meant by dependency tree is all the dependencies that the package anaconda-runtime  rises. The last Red Hat version is 11, and it needs to update several packages. We downloaded the rpm and tried to install it with rpm, but it doesn't resolve dependencies. It's a tree because anaconda-runtime depends on some packages and each of them depends on many others, and those on anothers, like a tree.

Thanks,

Juan Ignacio Cano