Hi Paul,
We're still working on the correct procedure for getting contributed
rpm's into the contrib area.
It looks like you've done everything we usually need except for 2 steps

1 - Put a Readme file describing the packages, who packaged them, and
where you got them from.  What you have below is pretty good.
2 - GPG sign the packages.  Since we don't have your public GPG key, it
would be good to put that in the directory as well.

Troy

Paul A. Rombouts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sshfs is a tool for mounting a remote filesystem transparently and
> securely over a ssh connection. sshfs is based on FUSE, the Filesystem
> in USErspace framework.
>
> I have tried the fuse-sshfs RPM from Fedora-Extras on a machine running
> Fedora Core 4 and was pleasantly surprised with the performance and ease
> of use. You can mount as an ordinary user any filesystem on other
> machine accessible via ssh and work with the files as if they were on
> your local machine. Read and write performance with sshfs is much faster
> than the alternatives that I have tried so far.
>
> I have recently adapted the RPMs that I had downloaded from
> Fedora-Extras and rebuilt them on a Scientific Linux 4.2 installation.
> The most important change that I had to make was adding a fuse
> kernel-module package, because unlike the kernel that ships with Fedora
> Core 4, the SL 4.x kernel does not have built-in fuse support.
>
> In addition, I have upgraded the version of the sshfs package from 1.2
> to 1.3.
>
> I have made the packages that I have built available for download from
> this directory:
>
>     http://www.phys.uu.nl/~rombouts/fuse/
>
> My thoughts are that if other Scientific Linux users find these packages
> useful, they might make a useful addition to the SL-contrib repository.
> I am not familiar with the procedure for donating packages, so any
> feedback on this would be appreciated.

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468