Maarten,

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Maarten Ballintijn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a new boot.iso install cd with a custom
> kernel for the SL site I am creating. I have followed the instructions
> and put the kernel RPM in the sites/MySite/Updates directory.
> But it seems that mk-images (called by buildinstall, called by

Well actually the code that is changed for this is in upd-instroot.

> build.release.site.sh) only looks in the default RPM directory?
> When I ran "build.hdlist.site.sh" it seemed to do the right thing,
> i.e. use the right kernel rpms.
>
> (this is for SL 304 on x86_64)
>
> Is there a special step I am missing?

That seems right.  I have attached a "test" buildinstall.  Place it in
your sites/MySite/build/scripts directory.  This is a new file, you will
not overwrite anything.

cd  sites/MySite/build/scripts
script /tmp/mysitebuild
sh build.release.site.sh
exit

This will make a really big log file in /tmp/mysitebuild .  In there look
for your kernel.  If you want you can send me the file and I will look at
it for you.

-Connie Sieh