Mark Nelson wrote:

Hello

Further to the post I made last week (see below), I have investigated
the problem further and I have discovered that the cups  server on the
client goes into error state with the following error message -

E [08/Aug/2005:10:47:34 +0100] [Job 5] Unable to get job 769 attributes
(client-error-bad-request)!

It then recovers and tries to send the second file again.  The StartJob
function is called twice for the second file.

I have attached the full output from the cups error_log file running in
debug mode on the client.

I am tempted to rebuild the cups system from FC3 as an RPM and install
that on the print server, however I would like to stay as close to the
standard SL4 system as possible.

Mark.

> Hello
>
> I've upgraded our print server from FC3 to SL4, the client machines are
> on SL4 and have been for a few months without any problems.  The problem
> I have is if I print out two documents in succession I get one copy of
> the first print out and several copies of the second print out.
> However, if I switch on debug mode within cups it doesn't happen.  The
> client machines forward the print request to the server, it looks like
> the job gets stuck in the client cups queue.  Eventually the job
> completes after printing out several copies of the file.  The version of
> cups (cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.9.6) is the same on both machines and there are
> no .lpoptions file around.  The version of cups on FC3 was
> cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.8.5
>
> Any ideas
>

> Mark.

- --
Mark Nelson - [log in to unmask]

IPPP, Department of Physics, University of Durham,
Science Laboratories, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
Office: +44 (0)191 334 3811, Direct Dial: +44 (0)191 334 3653

PGP Key: http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~mn/pgp_key.txt
This mail is for the addressee only