SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2023

From:
Patrick Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2023 20:39:30 +0000
Personally, I'm very fond of XFS.

Its been a while, but the last time I really looked into it, XFS had a

static memory allotment for each mount whereas EXT4 was able to shrink

the memory requirements based on the size of the mountpoints.  In

theory you may not feel the difference, but if you've got a VM host

running a few hundred VMs on top - each one using XFS that will

probably add up.

Pat