SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2021

From:
Vinícius Ferrão <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vinícius Ferrão <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 14:08:21 +0000
I already moved to Oracle Linux. It’s a clone too, has Oracle backing it and it’s fast to push updates from RHEL. Also they have UEK and Oracle RDMA Release, which is useful in HPC environments.

Perhaps in the future we may move to Alma or Rocky. But for now we’re using Oracle Linux. Stream is not an option either.

When RHEL 8.4 landed, the Oracle guys had OL 8.4 in a single day released. The only thing that I miss from CentOS is CentOS vault, which is unavailable.

Regards.

PS: This is not Oracle Linux propaganda. It’s just fact showing. We know that everybody dislikes Oracle, but that’s what we have right now.

Sent from my iPhone