SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2021

From:
Andrew Komornicki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Komornicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2021 20:45:24 -0700
Hi,

  I wholeheartedly support such a move.  These long threads have no
basis in reality.  Frankly they have as much purpose as counting the
number of angels on the head of a pin.  Quite some time ago, as a
scientist I stopped at SL 6.9.  If need be I have all of my code
development tools, and am quite happy.

For my daily needs, I continue to use Windows.  Yes, I use Firefox as my
browser and Thunderbird for my mail.  A long time ago I installed the
GNU tools for Windows and that helps a great deal.  My editor is still
Vi, or VIM for the more modern versions.  Some of my colleagues use
Emacs and that also works very well under Windows.  A command line
window is my main interface for all of my work.  Am not willing to swing
at windmills and need to get on with life.

regards,
Andrew