SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2021

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2021 19:38:07 -0700
Apple products and the Apple OS (currently based upon BSD) are
proprietary.  If one needs service (hardware or software), one
effectively must use an Apple store (at least in the USA).  The
colleague is retired and has little money (this is the downward mobile
USA economy save for the neo-liberal profiteers).  She got a used/refurb
Lenovo Carbon X1 and I just installed a working Linux on it --
everything worked "out of the box".

Reading more, Timeshift appears to be a systems, not end user files,
backup utility.  Any suggestions from anyone?

Take care.  Stay safe.