SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2021

From:
Jose Marques <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jose Marques <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2021 09:39:24 +0000
Don't have SL6 UI machines anymore but I think they use GDM.

Look under /etc/gdm/, /etc/xdg/autostart/ and /usr/share/gdm/greeter/autostart. The firdt has scripts that run pre/post session and most closely replicate the xdm scripts.. The second can be used to run scripts or start apps when the user logs in. The third runs as the GDM user in the context of the login screen. Can't recall which bits are SL6 or SL7 so YMMV.

I used to run xdm on a FreeBSD laptop but that was in the previous century.

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532