SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2021

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:05:05 -0500
SL provides a softwarecollections repo:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ftp.scientificlinux.org_linux_scientific_7_external-5Fproducts_softwarecollections_&d=DwIDaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=Cs9Jd5Akq-UqzAbluaJ9JGK0EDytzofDA5-o4_UOZek&s=6DQTVCAvwITfkmlRM4xAHMDF5Vg67-a4-MA7NlZn9kc&e=

There is an rpm there to install a yum config, and also this from the
README:

When Scientific Linux started building the Software Collection Library
and Developer Toolset, these packages were not freely distributed.

The upstream packages and more can now be obtained from softwarecollections.org.
The provided yum-conf-softwarecollections points to the SoftwareCollections.org repo

Hope that helps, no subscription should be necessary.

Best Regards,
Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola