SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2021

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 09:17:50 -0700
Are there any recommendations for Bluray optical media burning software
applications?  Burner is a Matshita BD-MLT UJ272.  The drive passes all
diagnostics and reads a Bluray disc with no issues.  I use Verbatim 6x
Bluray single layer media -- as that is all I readily can obtain.   I
was using Nero Linux, but that seems to be rather obsolescent in terms
of current Linux production kernels and environment and fails. Nero no
longer supports Linux.  I have tried K3B current production; sometimes
it works, sometimes it crashes (not reporting a hardware error, but
reporting a crash -- I have saved the logs produced).  Whatever
application is recommended, it must have a second pass verify, in which
the burned data is read and compared to the source data.  I would prefer
an open source application, but if there is a proprietary (for-fee)
application that is known to work, I will consider licensing it for fee.
  (For example, as a Linux replacement for Adobe PDF software
applications, I use Qoppa PDFStudio Pro that is closed source and
licensed for fee -- but it is both supported and does work.)  Please
only recommend applications that either you (or your group) have tested,
or know from *RELIABLE* testers to work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yasha Karant