SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2021

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2021 14:37:16 -0400
To support products for 22 years is difficult.
Using VMware is a good solution that we have been using for a long time.
I even use Win2000 pro for some applications and Dos all under VMWare.
The connection to the Linux file system is "samba".

Everyone misses the point.  The problem is setting up a system the way
we want it and the ability to do that after RH 7 is broken! and has some
land mines.  A function that can wipe out a file system is flawed and
cannot be trusted.

Fortunately VMware works - we just bought a new VMWare version.  Update
is painless.

Larry Linder