SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2021

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2021 18:53:03 -0700
I want to reduce the booting time interval and other disc access time
interval.  I have a 2 TByte SSD drive that has the same physical form
factor as 2 Tbyte rotating media hard drive.  I also have a device that
will accept each drive and  make a "bit by bit" copy from the source to
target drive.

The current drive is the conventional harddrive. May I clone the
harddrive onto the bare SSD drive and then install, or will the machine
fail to boot/run because of UUID descriptors?  Will these clone or not?
Most of the file systems in each partition are Linux XFS.

Thanks for any info.

Yasha Karant