SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2021

From:
Jack Aboutboul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Aboutboul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2021 16:33:52 -0400
Dave,

Thanks for your feedback. We actually have quite a number of sponsors and you’ll be hearing quite a bit about that soon. ;)

We may not have done the best job of communicating that yet, but we are working on it. We all have strengths and weaknesses.

Also, AlmaLinux is not CloudLinux. We are a totally separate 501©6 non-profit org and CL is but one of our sponsors. This is a common misconception going around in the community and it may be related to how things were first announced.

Things move pretty quickly, and our community is pretty lively. Additional infrastructure is coming into focus quickly as well. Our build/dev/test system is set to be released in the next couple of weeks and we are also working on tandem on all the other bits and pieces. It all just takes a bit of time.

Thanks,
Jack