SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2021

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2021 13:21:40 -0700
Excerpt from a previous post on this matter:

On Thu, 2021-05-06 at 02:43 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
The misfeatures you've groused about are not due to AlmaLinux, they're
straight RHEL problems. Let's assign blame and credit where they are
due.
End excerpt.

Presumably, Rocky Linux (IBM RHEL "clone") does have the same
"misfeatures"?  Would one of the after-EL repos (ElRepo et al.) be
willing to produce an alternative set of RPMs to address the
"misfeatures"?  Would Alma or Rocky or ... ?  No point in mentioning
Fermilab/CERN -- SL8 will never exist.