SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2021

From:
Andrew C Aitchison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew C Aitchison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2021 17:43:47 +0100
On Tue, 4 May 2021, Yasha Karant wrote:

> I fully concur -- a clear statement of a concern about the source and any
> authentication/pay-walls limiting access to that source.  I assume that the
> official rebuilders other than SL have paid the necessary fees to download
> the real, actual, production IBM RH EL buildable source as referenced below,
> currently at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__access.redhat.com_downloads_&d=DwIBAg&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=XlwZHatfU9lTVBkqWjIVraTktof8jaVDXPjoOzkoFGs&s=TX6gLDMRLMZ6f49TN5nbIEbiojZosZn3xgi4HyfiuR0&e=
> .
> I do not have access -- but I assume that both Rocky and AlmaLinux have
> purchased the necessary access license.  I have not attempted to get a "dev"
> IBM RH license that supposedly is at no cost -- has anyone done so and down a
> full buildable source download?

From what I have seen on the EPEL mailing list, I think there are a few
bits missing. In addition to the code available with a devel licence
(which includes a "CodeReady Linux Builder" repo) in order to build
CentOS the team had to get hold of a number of -devel packages on a
case-by-case basis
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.fedoraproject.org_archives_list_epel-2Ddevel-40lists.fedoraproject.org_message_P2DGC5KRDHT2JNGFGJEH3IZ24WTBIH4D_&d=DwIBAg&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=XlwZHatfU9lTVBkqWjIVraTktof8jaVDXPjoOzkoFGs&s=mPXFT8k9V2llxcjZMZ7XqyZXftuuZCcGUUY83jAntOs&e=

--
Andrew C. Aitchison					Kendal, UK