SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2021

From:
Jack Aboutboul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Aboutboul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2021 16:51:45 -0400
Yes and contrary to the pure FUD that has been spread around, the AlmaLinux OS Foundation is in fact a 501©6 non-profit and our governing board includes a leadership from diverse backgrounds, some from industry and even Simon Phipps, former president and current standard & policy director at the Open Source Initiative. We strongly feel like the scientific community needs a seat at the table as well.

We set this up precisely to prevent the mistakes of the past and any “acquisition.” The project is open to any and all, forever to own and participate in. This model works well as it allows for transparent operations, communal ownership as well as a mechanism through which corporations can sponsor the ongoing efforts of the Foundation.

We are in the process or re-doing the website and we will publish a page on the board and its members, including meeting minutes when they happen, etc.

Jack