SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2021

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2021 13:42:48 -0700
Your statement at the end indicates that I have missed a source
distribution channel.  The discourse concerning the ergonomics of a list
such as this versus an eyecandy "Ask Ubuntu" (with character count
limitations on the length of postings) approach is worthwhile, but
perhaps at a later time or off-list.

You state that there will not be a CentOS 9 and only a CentOS Stream
perpetual alpha or beta channel.  I thought that IBM RH would not
directly release buildable production EL source, but would channel it
under a CentOS moniker.  CentOS Stream is *NOT* production source.  How
does IAS Springdale, Rocky, Alma, etc., get buildable production source
for IBM RHEL9?  Does one have to buy the source from IBM RH? Will IBM RH
or another IBM entity house the production source for the current
production EL?  What about the defect correction, including security
defects, as well as minor release, update production source?