SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2021

From:
"John R. Dennison" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Dennison
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2021 17:03:20 -0500
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 09:35:02PM +0000, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> Both Fermilab and CERN have stated that they plan to use CentOS 8 stream
> for now (or Scientific Linux 7 or CentOS 7) and will evaluate later
> whether or not to switch to one of the clones.

Can you please provide a citation for this?  The last I recall hearing
was what Konstantin referred to - that an official statement from
CERN would be forthcoming in Q1 of this year but I have yet to see such
a statement and am wondering if, perhaps, I overlooked it somehow.

Thank you,

							John
--
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

-- General James "Mad Dog" Mattis