SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2021

From:
"~Stack~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Stack~
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:38:01 -0500
On 4/27/21 8:41 AM, LaToya Anderson wrote:
[snip]
> Tell me, how many Black people are in this group? And what practices
> have been put into place to ensure you retain Black people? In other
> words, what has been done within this group to check bias to.ensure that
> you have a diverse group of people working together to improve this OS?

As someone with minority heritage myself, I say it doesn't matter. This
isn't the place to re-imagine history and play political victim games.
Take that to social media. I don't subscribe to this list for political bs.

I *do* subscribe to this list as a source of technical information
around an OS that I use where I can be a part of a community comprised
of people all over the world that helps others regardless of what their
beliefs or political views. The only colors on this list I see are the
black text on white background with blue links in my email.

There's a right time and right place for your conversation, and it isn't
in this list.

As I've heard the saying: "the best way to lose friends is to talk
politics". How about we just stay on list-topic about how much we
appreciate Scientific Linux?

~S~