SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2021

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2021 11:00:14 -0400
On 4/3/21 2:34 PM, Teh, Kenneth M. wrote:
> Thank you for the info. Almalinux is a candidate for me. Please
> continue to post your impressions, pros and cons. Thank you.

Sure, Ken, glad to help.

The major caveat is that I'm not evaluating any CentOS 8 replacement for
new installs as yet, only for cross-grades from CentOS 8.  I just simply
won't have the time for that sort of evaluation on installations.  Thus
far on the machines I've cross-graded to AlmaLinux, everything is
working fine.  One of these VMs is our OpenNMS system for our network,
so it gets pretty heavy use.