SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2021

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2021 18:27:07 -0800
Has anyone tried the Institute for Advanced Study Springdale (IAS) EL 8
distro?  Is this in fact a complete distro that uses Epel and ElRepo as
did SL? Does it install and boot as did SL?  Supposedly, Springdale can
replace SL, although unlike SL that was "supported" by professional
employed and compensated Staff for Fermilab/CERN for which it was a
"standard", the IAS evidently has less professional staff allocation to
Springdale than did the HEP community (mostly through Fermilab/CERN).