SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2021

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2021 16:29:37 -0500
Upgraded one of our boxes from 7.6 to 7.9 and no network connections.
Looked at Ethernet connection and no lights.  Unpluged the cable and
plugged it back in and you could see lights and then they went off.
After tripple checking everything I could think of we rebooted to 7.6
and presto it all worked.
Something in 7.9 turns off the Ethernet port !!!! or the driver in 7.9
is hokey.

Anybody seen this before and can point me in the correct direction.

The more I am forced to use the systemctl - garbage my dislike is
changing to hate.  systemctl status  - forgot what it's now called.
Someone must like to type - bla bla bla to do something simple.

Our plan to upgrade all system to 7.9 is now on hold.

Thank You
Larry Linder