SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2021

From:
"Betts, Wayne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betts, Wayne
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2021 16:39:36 -0500
Sounds like issues I've seen that that I recall "solving" by simply
disabling NetworkManager.  Iirc, there is a driver for some Intel
interfaces that is known to sometimes take too long to do some
initialization step that causes NetworkManager to keep resetting the
port (or something like that - don't have time to consult the Google
just now to find it again).  The upgrade may have caused enough change
in that initialization step to exceed NetworkManager's timeout.

Hope that helps.