SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2020

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 2020 10:18:52 -0400
After a installation of Cent8 we could not run our cad SW and a lot of
other applications that ran fine under 6 & 7.
We reformatted the disk and put box back into service as SL 6.9.

Have been evaluating other Linux Unix systems replace our SL 5.11, 6.9,
7.6 systems.  Genome desktop is trash.
If you consider the number of mouse click it takes to do anything - it
one of the big time wasters and a candadate for repetative motion
complaints.

I would never recommend RH 8 or it derivitives.

Try the chinese desk top and you will see how smooth and easy it is to
get thing done.

15 years ago I gave up on Fedora as if you had a complaint or
constructive criticism - The kids shot the messanger.  And that is how
crap happens.

Larry Linder