SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2020

From:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2020 12:50:08 -0400
Has anyone had success in connecting to a Palo Alto Networks
GlobalProtect vpn with openconnect on another open source client?
There is a linux GlobalProtect client, which has the distribution names
CentOS, RHEL and Ubuntu hard coded into it, and looks for them in
/etc/centos-release and /etc/os-release.  I have managed to use it from
Scientific Linux by installing an /etc/centos-release file.  My guess is
that it checks for /etc/centos-release before looking in
/etc/os-release, but that seems a matter of luck and maybe could change.
I would rather have a less fragile solution.

Stephen Isard