SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2020

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2020 09:50:39 -0400
On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 10:48 AM Larry Linder
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What we did.
> We commisioned a number of new boxes to Sl 6.10.  We also updated our
> server over the weekend.  When we found out the server could not see
> other boxes on our network.  We used yum to upgrade sama and smbserver
> and that did not fix problem.

*Wh???*RHEL 6, which was released in 2010, is 10 years old. When you
try to deal with powerful, complex, evolving tools like everything
based on Samba, it gets more and more difficult to backport and keep
things compatible.

I publish backports o the current Samba releases to CentOS 7. I'd jump
over the waste of time on SL 6.