SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2020

From:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2020 11:26:27 +0100
Re-sending to list:

On 27/05/2020 04:45, Yasha Karant wrote:
> I have done upgrade in place (no new harddrive unless we needed a larger
> capacity drive) on several unix/bsd derivatives.  Your file system
> comments are very well taken.   However, using "stock" Ubuntu LTS for
> the OS and file system, is your experience contrary to those of others?

It might be worth noting that *buntu LTS upgrades are not 'fully'
supported on first release:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ubuntu.com_blog_how-2Dto-2Dupgrade-2Dfrom-2Dubuntu-2D18-2D04-2Dlts-2Dto-2D20-2D04-2Dlts-2Dtoday&d=DwIDaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=r5h_3C9b09QqNiHYF4VqGCzaeqlCOycKW9tpinBdJFs&s=h47sDZj_98PGsJ6nV_w-I53Vnygns3BRBMvi_U227I4&e=