SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2020

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2020 14:59:15 -0700
I need to upgrade my wife's machine from Ubuntu 18 LTS to 20 LTS at the
earliest convenient time (that may be after the end of this academic
term to avoid disruption).  She runs Ubuntu on her 2-in-1 as evidently
SL 7 does not support all of the hardware functionality that she needs.
I have found a URL with detailed instructions that I am willing to
forward the information as a PDF to whomever has done this and is
interested.  My understanding is that unlike EL that more or less
requires a new install to go from EL N to EL N++, Ubuntu will upgrade in
place.  If anyone has done this, please reply, preferably off list to
[log in to unmask] so that any URLs will not be "modified" by the
security filters at my university.

Take care.  Stay safe.

Yasha Karant