SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2020

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2020 14:09:45 -0700
As with Firefox and Thunderbird, I get LibreOffice current production
from the application site, not from a distro or repo (this is not
possible for those applications, such as Calibre, that are not
compatible with SL 7 current production).  I just installed LibreOffice
6.4.3.2 , current production, using the tar.gz of the RPMs.  It seems to
work fine -- however, I traditionally have kept several older production
versions just in case (Murphy's Law, O'Tooles corollary/commentary,
"belt and suspenders").  For Firefox and Thunderbird, I keep three
versions (but only use production current except for failure of
current):  distro install, base install, and current (current allows
updating in place as root). For LibreOffice, I have more but I would
like to save space, not archive, but simply remove.   For those who use
LibreOffice and who keep LibreOffice application site current
production, is there any reason (feature, import or export conversion,
including LaTeX export) to retain older production releases of
LibreOffice (I have one 4.x production version)?

Stay safe.  Take care.

Yasha Karant