SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2020

From:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2020 11:30:42 -0400
I have an SL7.8 laptop that runs exim for internal email - messages
to/from root about cron jobs, that sort of thing.  Exim doesn't handle
any mail to or from the outside.  There was an upgrade to
exim-4.93-2.el7.x86_64 a few days ago, and since then messages of the
form

DMARC failure to load tld list '/usr/share/publicsuffix/public_suffix_list.dat': No such file or directory

have been appearing the exim logs.  'yum provides' doesn't
list any package as providing that file.

As far as I can tell, no mail has been getting lost.  But why should
there be an appeal to DMARC for internal mail anyway?

Stephen Isard