SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2020

From:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Maidment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2020 18:42:22 +1000
On 22/04/2020 1:39 pm, Bill Maidment wrote:

> Thank you for your hard work.
>
> Just one issue I have at the moment, my laptop connects to my network
> via a wireless connection, and after doing
> yum clean all
> yum update
> I can no longer connect to my network via wireless, only via ethernet
> cable.
> Can you give me some pointers to check.
> All I get in /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log is:
>   Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
> Normally there would be a swag of other messages showing the progress,
> but nothing now.
>
> (This message send via wired connection on the laptop.)

Problem worked around.
It appears that SL7.8 installed a new firmware interface
/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-6.bin
which is incompatible with kmod-ath10k_pci.rpm from epel (correction
that should be elrepo), <<<=========
so I just renamed that file for the time being and rebooted and it used
the previous firmware-5.bin file OK.

--
Cheers
Bill