SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2020

From:
Jean-Paul Chaput <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean-Paul Chaput <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 14:42:53 +0100
Hello There,

Just to supply another point of view, I'm sticking (i.e. the whole
network I manage) to SL7 (and CentOS8 afterward) because RHEL is the
only open source OS that is qualified for big VLSI CAD tools
(Cadence, Mentor, Synopsys). This is my only reason, but it's a
mandatory one...

I take this occasion to send a big thank for the SL team and it's
great jobs all those years.

Best regards,

--
      .-.     J e a n - P a u l   C h a p u t  /  Administrateur Systeme
      /v\     [log in to unmask]

    U P M C   Universite Pierre & Marie Curie
    L I P 6   Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris VI
    S o C     System On Chip