SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2019

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:19:12 -0700
> Centos 8 problems.
> 1. We noticed that the mouse wheel has changed direction ...

Some of the issues described are Gnome3 "features", not
just CentOS.  I switched to Mate, a fork which resembles
Gnome2.  I hope the Mate team outlives me.  Send money
to them.

I don't use tablets, "smart phones" (aka "dodo-paddles"),
gestures (besides the venerable middle digit), and other
cat-video-interface indoctrination and surveillance tools.
I still read printed books and scientific papers on actual
paper, and pencil margin notes on my copies.  I spend days
in great libraries; the book I need is shelved next to the
book I was looking for.  I pay cash when possible.  And I
live near Powell's Books, one of the best in the western
hemisphere.

I'm reminded of Cyril Kornbluth's 1951 novella
"The Marching Morons", which shows how /old/ I am.
My apologies to the ghosts of the intellectuals of
that era, who put up MY "innovations".

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]