SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2019

From:
Jose Marques <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jose Marques <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2019 16:17:52 +0000
> On 7 Oct 2019, at 16:43, Fait, James F. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I tend to ignore ANY distribution with a .0 suffix.

I'm going through the process of updating our kickstart scripts, repos, and puppet config for Centos8. We (CS at St Andrews) have been using SL7 but we also deploy Fedora 30. Centos8 is a lot more like the latter. The only thing concerning me so far is the lack of packages in EPEL. There are things we use from EPEL on SL7 that are not present in EPEL on Centos8. Maybe it's still being built out but if not then that may delay us deploying it (more things we have to package).

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No. SC013532.