SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2019

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2019 13:16:55 -0700
On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 07:44:23PM +0000, Teh, Kenneth M. wrote:
> The desktop icons I would have liked to have are files/documents one is
> currently working with. I haven't figured out how.

That is exactly what I use my desktop for.  Documents I
am working on, PDFs I'm reading before filing, launchers
for my own self-generated applications,

Most importantly, presentations ready-to-launch for
conferences (using my own presentation app), so I can
start up with the focus slide and then the title slide
in seconds.  Horsing around with a mouse and a menu
sucks when I want to focus on the audience and the
material I want to present.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]