SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2019

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2019 19:45:07 -0400
Looking back, I see that there is no plan to publish a Scientific
Linux 8 release, and Fermilabs will be using CentOS 8 going forward.

I hope the developers and support that Scientific Linux has had can be
migrated to the CentOS community, and that Red Hat is improved by the
result. I especially hope that the recent purchase of Red Hat by IBM
is good for the work people have done and appreciated.

Is there any plan to shut down these mailing lsists? It's been really
quitet out there.

Nico Kadel-Garcia