SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2019

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2019 18:13:51 +0000
My SL 7 system does not recognize the trackpoint ("track stick button")

in the center of the QWERTY part of the keyboard on a HP Zbook.  I can

find nothing in the HP bios settings (available during boot) to activate

this, and the utilities I have found to do so are either obsolete or

only for Debian derivatives, not EL derivatives.  I am guessing that

there may be stanzas in the X11 configuration file(s) to do this, but

have not found these.  Does anyone have a working trackpoint under SL7

and if so, how was this accomplished.  Please reply to [log in to unmask]

with any personal (not SL list) email responses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yasha Karant