SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2019

From:
"Teh, Kenneth M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teh, Kenneth M.
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2019 13:07:11 +0000
Sorry. You're right. A moment of exasperation and frustration with systemd whose

bits of config/info are strewn all over the place instead of everything in

init.d. I guess I resent learning new ways of doing old things. Must be my age.  :)

Turned out the problem is dnsmasq's tftp module has no permission to read

pxelinux.0 even though the file is 0644. Checked audit.log for possible selinux

problem.  Nothing.

Everything in /var/lib/tftpboot is selinux type tftpdir_rw_t except for

pxelinux.0 (plus a few more) which are cobbler_var_lib_t.  Tried an semanage

fcontext/restorecon to change it just to see if dnsmasq would read it. Doesn't

change. Nothing in journalctl. Used chcon. Changes it. But dnsmasq still cannot

read the file.

Finally set dnsmasq to run as root in its config. Works.  Only thing I can think

of is dnsmasq which apparently runs as nobody when started from systemd cannot

read files it does not own.