SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2019

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2019 19:06:40 +0000
I found one of the GUI applications -- gpointing-device-settings -- in a

Fedora 17 x86-64 RPM that I downloaded and installed as the output is

displayed below.  This application did find the touchpad pointing device

(screenshot of GUI available upon request) but did not find the pointing

stick. Is there a driver for the pointing stick or other configuration

for this device to be detected?  Note that I ran this as root from a

terminal application and that it produced D-bus diagnostics.  I did not

use the application to configure the touchpad as that is working to my

satisfaction.   Aside:  evidently the linuxdownload.adobe.com repository

has changed as can be seen below -- however, that does not involve this

application rpm per se.

[root@localhost Downloads]# yum install

./gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-7.fc17.x86_64.rpm

Loaded plugins: langpacks, nvidia

Repository sl is listed more than once in the configuration

Examining ./gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-7.fc17.x86_64.rpm:

gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-7.fc17.x86_64

Marking ./gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-7.fc17.x86_64.rpm to be installed

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package gpointing-device-settings.x86_64 0:1.5.1-7.fc17 will be

installed

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__linuxdownload.adobe.com_linux_x86-5F64_repodata_repomd.xml&d=DwIGaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=BHI3xZkD0xlrKYrhZLRfBoqXEAmP5l_M6FxgMsiI9l0&s=zev6rTQdJYVbMYpeiI2iHQGr2ZGHEajr5MZN6RWTVBc&e=: [Errno

14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

Trying other mirror.

This generally happens when your clien is unable to communicate with the

repo server.

Please verify your connection works as expected.

Dependencies Resolved

  Package

        Arch   Version Repository                                      Size

Installing:

  gpointing-device-settings

        x86_64 1.5.1-7.fc17

/gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-7.fc17.x86_64 379 k

Transaction Summary

Install  1 Package

Total size: 379 k

Installed size: 379 k

Is this ok [y/d/N]: y

Downloading packages:

Running transaction check

Running transaction test

Transaction test succeeded

Running transaction

   Installing :

gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-7.fc17.x86_64                1/1

   Verifying  :

gpointing-device-settings-1.5.1-7.fc17.x86_64                1/1

Installed:

   gpointing-device-settings.x86_64 0:1.5.1-7.fc17

Complete!

[root@localhost Downloads]#  gpointing-device-setting

bash: gpointing-device-setting: command not found...

[root@localhost Downloads]#  gpointing-device-settings

GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application

did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,

the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application

did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,

the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

An X error occurred. The error was BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter).

[...]

[root@localhost Downloads]# exit

exit

[ykarant@localhost Downloads]$ gpointing-device-settings