SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2019

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2019 15:56:51 +0000
  I have a [Firmware Bug]: TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata; please

update microcode to version: 0x22 (or later).  This diagnostic is

displayed during boot and is recorded in /var/log/dmesg . How does one

obtain the necessary microcode?

For Ubuntu and presumably other .deb based distributions:

Just install intel-microcode with sudo apt-get install intel-microcode

and reboot.

End quote.

What is the equivalent EL command and from which repository does the

command get the "intel-microcode"?    The CPU is an Intel I7 in a HP

Zbook laptop from several years ago.

Thanks for any information.

Yasha Karant