SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2019

Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2019 14:15:42 +0200
Hello fellow SL users,

I having been using SL for a while now, after the CentOS project became
part of Redhat
I was glad that I was using SL because I would think that CentOS would
become a middle
testing ground for Redhat to test new things, getting the idea SL would
stay closer to the
source since it just being another clone. Now that it has been announced
that there will
be no SL8, what's the best clone to switch to after EOL of SL6 and SL7.
EvenĀ  though
Redhat says thatĀ  CentOS will never be used as a testing ground or
switch how they are
doing things, I do not believe what they say now will be the same in the
future.