SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2019

From:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:43:26 +0000
Jose is of course quite right about the Dropbox

developers and indeed I have protested to

the Dropbox people about their unreasonable

attitude. However, that does not solve the problem.

I emphasize that this is just an example of a recurrent

problem I have had about the availability of libraries

and support packages under SL. So while I appreciate

Jose's point about stability etc. I'm surprised users at

CERN, Fermilab etc are not pressing on that point more

often (maybe they are, unknown to me) and causing more

effort to bring things up to date.

Malcolm