SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2019

From:
Winnie Lacesso <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Winnie Lacesso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2019 09:27:48 +0000
Happy New Year!

Back in ?Oct?Nov?Dec? was mention of SL7 clients not updating, running
into ???libgtop (or was it something else) dependency fails. If I could
find SLU archives, who said what when could be quoted, but ATM attempt
to access SLU archives cycles a long time then ends up at blank page

http://listserv.fnal.gov/archives/scientific-linux-users.html

Can someone admin@SLU check the archives are available, link is ok (or
not?) (It's what's on the SL "Community" page for "List Archives")

The tail end of that thread was "enable the epel-testing repo = your SL7
client update will succeed" to which someone responded (paraphrased),
"This works, but ... we are uneasy that for production SL7 systems,
something from epel-testing is a dependency." (Implication with which we
agree: nothing from epel-testing should be required on production system.)

IIRC someone else replied something like "You could complain to epel about
it...."

It's now much later & *STILL* this is not resolved. We don't want to
install anything from epel-testing on our production system(s) but in the
meantime updates are balking.

We really like SL & want to rely on it for stable reliable production
servers. Can anyone take action to resolve this issue?

Many many thank you for SL, & for advice/pointers!

PS Konstantin Olchanski's wry posts are HILARIOUS!!
"instead of this obsolete email thing".... yuk yuk yuk!